Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I've been slacking on the blog writing...I know!

Hey everyone!

My first school year in Romania has come to an end. I made it, and now I don't have to see the dreadful Catalog again until Fall!! The past week was full of parties, ceremonies, and a few tearful goodbyes. We sent the 8th graders off in style, and I will certainly miss them. The students all have my messenger account so they'll promised they'd contact me to hang out. We'll see how that goes. I assured them that I'll still be around next year...they know I'm leaving next summer and now they are all strategizing ways to keep me here permanently! lol. They are cute!

Even though I'm a teacher here in Romania, Peace Corps is a 24/7/365 thing. So while my hiatus does include some traveling and downtime it is mostly consumed by camps, projects, helping at PST, and other various activities related to Peace Corps or my community.

I'm off to Greece for a vacay with the fam! Mom, Dad, and Tyler's first time on a plane...should be interesting! I'm gone until the end of June so there will be no posts until July!

Peace & Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment