Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, August 28, 2009

Thoughts at 2 in the Morning

Sometimes things keep me up at night. I'm one of those people that can't really turn off the brain when head meets pillow. I've never minded this much. More often than not it has been a sign that I need some one-on-one time with God. I don't make time for meditation and prayer as I should...sometimes it takes my spirit stirring at 2 in the morning to get me back on track. God meets me right where I am, and I'd wager the same is true for you whether you know it or not. Currently you'll find me sitting on my bedroom floor, reading Romans, swatting mosquitos, and listening to Romanian dance music from the bloc next to mine.

On this balmy, August night while reading through Romans, I got the wake-up call my soul has needed. The challenges for my 2nd year of Peace Corps have quickly been presenting themselves. I wasn't prepared for them; or rather I had prepared myself on my own accord rather than on God's. I guess I'm telling you all this because I need some accountability. I know the next 11 months are going to go fast. In some ways I welcome this because it brings me back home all that much sooner; however it also means I only have a short time in which to help my community. It'll all be okay. I know that...it always is. I just need to "lean not on my own understanding"...you know what I mean.

Romans 8:28 & Romans 12:1-2

1 comment: