Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, March 8, 2010

International Women's Day

8 Martie (March 8th) is International Women's Day.  It is celebrated around the world and was first observed as a holiday in the United States, but I had never celebrated it until coming to Romania.  It's a cool day because everywhere I go people are kissing me on the cheeks, wishing me love and health in the coming year, and giving me flowers and gifts.  What's not to like??!

Here, in Romania, it's also an equivalent to Mother's Day--so to all the wonderful women that I admire and aspire to be like, and especially to my mom, La Multi Ani! 

March 8th also happens to be my counterpart's birthday so there is lots of partying going on for me today!!

Okay, well I gotta run!  I'm off to the Crama (a restaurant in town) for lunch with all the ladies from school, and then I'll probably head over to Art Club for a bit for some additional drinks! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment