“You never really leave a place or person you love, part of them you take with you ,leaving a part of yourself behind.”
That quote is a good representation of many moments in my life. In each of them I've seen/felt God at work in big and small ways, and today is another one of those days. Never in a million years did I expect to return to Norwell and be greeted with such kindness and love. I've always been proud to be a graduate of Norwell, but I have a new found appreciation for the teachers and students of Norwell now that I've been working here. Today, my last day in the library, has been a whirlwind of students and teachers expressing their appreciation for me.
I feel like screaming, "IT'S JUST ME!! I'M NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL" (even if I do quote Ron Burgandy's "I'm kind of a big deal" more than I should!) Honestly, tears come to my eyes thinking of how much I'm gonna miss this place and these people! When I left here in 2002 as an 18 year old soon-to-be college student I didn't appreciate the hours, sweat, and tears my teachers, the administration, and coaches put into my development, and I was ready to get away. Now, however, I'm fully aware and equally grateful for their sacrifices! I feel like I should be giving them gifts instead of receiving the thoughtful cards, gifts, and food!
This is going to be a short post because I cannot fully put my feelings into words.
I just want to say thank you to the teachers and students of Norwell High School for giving me great memories and support to help me with my Peace Corps adventure. I'll miss you, but I promise we'll keep in touch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment