At times, I've been a little hesitant to talk about faith on my blog because the Peace Corps is a non-religious organization. To be quite honest I don't like to use the word religion because to me it's a corrupted institution. I prefer to talk about faith, church (a movement of people), and spirituality in all its forms.
I joined the Peace Corps looking to fulfill my calling to serve and sacrifice. At every turn I'm reminded that I'm in the right place! Praise God! There is a connection between my counterpart and I; her daughter lives in Indiana, and she partially signed up to work with the Peace Corps for companionship with a volunteer. It was just happenstance that she was matched with me, and I'm from Indiana. She constantly tells me how she believes that God brought us together... Some people say it's a coincidence, but I think it's God. Then there are the two high school girls I tutor and hang out with, Ioana and Daniella. We just started speaking in English to prepare for the Cambridge Exam, but now our chats are more centered around our shared faith. Daniella even works with missionaries in the area as a translator so I'm going to help out in the small village where she lives. They borrowed Velvet Elvis from me and loved asking questions about the text and sharing their feelings. By surprise I found the fellowship that I was desperately missing.
All this is my own experience and opinion. I just felt like sharing a couple instances of how blessed I feel. I could have said so many things about all the support I get from family, friends, and even some strangers back home; but I wanted to show how God can lead you on a path if you trust His plan for you! God walks with each of us on the paths and journeys of life...I hope and pray that your eyes are open and you can see God moments in your own life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I´m glad that God is giving you eyes to see the beautiful moments that he has prepared for you. How faithful he is. I am encouraged by the testimonies of others who are serving God in our big world.
ReplyDelete