I was perusing the internet this afternoon and stumbled upon "Cooking with Clara." A video on Youtube that is gaining popularity during the current economic crisis.
Clara grew up during the Depression and shares her experiences and favorite meals from her family's kitchen. When I watched "The Poorman's Meal" segment, I couldn't help but notice it was the exact same thing my gazda mom in Ploiesti, Romania taught me to make this summer. As a poor Peace Corps volunteer, I often make this recipe for myself when my budget is being stretched at the end of the month. One of my goals when signing up for the Peace Corps was to learn to be more frugal and live a more simplistic lifestyle. I guess in someways I've succeeded in accomplishing that goal!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This isn't really about Cooking with Clara (but she is adorable, no?). Rather, I just wanted to say I'm flattered that you're following the blog I don't post too much on anymore! lol I am trying, because Jordan asks me about every now and again. I'm so glad to see that you're connecting with Romania and that God is using you there! :) Best, Austin
ReplyDelete