I've been living in my humble, little bloc apartment for nearly 12 months...and yesterday was the first time I'd seen the lady that lives across the hall from me. We passed in the hall, and the sweet woman told me she is my next door neighbor! I'VE LIVED HERE FOR 12 MONTHS!! How did I not know the person that lives just across the hall from me?! Crazy. I immediately felt bad...I'm naturally a little reserved so it's not the easiest task for me to get to know my neighbors, but I'm over that because I still have another 11 months to get to know this new neighbor better!
Anyway. My toasted, red, splotchy self was walking home from the pool today and my new acquaintance was sitting on the steps in front of the building. I apologize...I have yet to learn her name, but I promise that will be the next question I ask her. She politely asked me to sit down next to her for a chat in the shade (she warned me it was just too hot in the building to go up quite yet). I've learned that Romanians don't hold back too many personal details in conversations, and this was another instance to prove that point. I asked her how she was...she said she has diabetes so things are hard for her. She has 4 children...3 are married and her youngest daughter (25) still lives with her and her husband! Rock on! I don't feel bad at all for living with my parents when I get home! We had a nice little chat, and I told her that today was my parents' 26th wedding anniversary. Mom and Dad--she sends you sănătate (health) and o casă de piatra (a house of rock).
How did I not know this lovely woman during my past 12 months living here? She seems delightful. Pardon me...I'm going to make some sugar free muffins to show my affection for my neighbor just across the hall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

She can be your Frankie!! You know my neighbor in the back of us. Get to know her well. Older people are the best friends in the world. Love you
ReplyDeleteAunt Lisa
did she like the muffins?
ReplyDelete