On this Monday, St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to write a little of how I'm feeling.
Kay and Wes got hitched this past weekend. It was a wonderful celebration of their love for each other and God! To be quite honest, it was one of the hardest days for me I've experienced in a while. It was difficult for me to have a servant's heart and be self-less when I wanted so badly to be part of the wedding. By part of the wedding I'm really just talking about pictures of the bridal party; it was the only part of the day I really struggled with. I've had a rollercoaster of emotions about Kay's wedding because at first I was a bridesmaid, then I wasn't even going to be there, and then I ended up reading. I read a devotion during the ceremony and added a personal touch...it meant a lot that I got to be there let alone be a part of their special day! The rest was fun and festive! I hope that each of you is blessed with the kind of friends that I have.
My departure for Romania is getting closer everyday! I'm nervous, excited, anxious, sad, happy...and a bunch of other emotions all at once. Time is running out, and I have so many people I want to see before I leave. I know I can't possibly get to everyone so I'd like to let you all now that you mean a lot to me. Thank you for all the support. I'm not anymore special than the next person; I'm just trying to give a little back to the world, the country, the God that has given so much to me.
I'm leaving for Florida on Thursday...can't wait to be with my family and on the beach! I'll tell ya how the trip went when we get back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment