Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, March 31, 2008

Florida and Friends

I'm back from Florida. It was so much fun to spend time with my familyl without stress. It was warm and relaxing, and I cannot tell you how much I needed a break from reality! That scared me, at first, to say because in a couple months there will be no breaks from reality for me...but I welcome that! I cannot wait to completely immerse myself into a different culture and experience the plans God has laid out for me thus far. Today's one of my good days! I freak out quite often, but my emotions about leaving change from day to day.

Today's a good day because of a gift I received over the weekend from one of my best friends Billy. It's always comforting to be reminded of how much your friends love you. The gift was perfect for me, which I should have expected because Billy is pretty much the male version of me. My worse fear is that over the next two years my friends will just have moved on without me. I'm just trusting that our friendships are based on much more than can be forgotten in two years. My plan is to come back and catch up with them over many cups of coffee and dinners.

I'm trying to get all my medical stuff updated over the next couple weeks so please pray that everything is A-okay with me! I feel fine...but you never know I guess! Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment