First I just want to say...I leave for Romania 2 months from today!! AHH!! and Happy Birthday Andy! I miss you!
Now that's out of the way... last night I got to see our former President William (Bill) Jefferson Clinton at a rally for his wife Senator Hillary Clinton. I am not a Hillary supporter...but I respect her, and I admire Bill Clinton, minus the whole Lewinsky thing of course. Bill covered so many of the things I believe our country should be about last night, and it reminded me of how far away from the ideal our country has strayed in the past 8 years. He said one thing that really got me thinking. He said that we need a president that will restore the good-standing of America throughout the world. I like that. That is one of the primary reasons I've joined the Peace Corps. Sometimes people doubt my patriotism because I'm outspoken about what I believe is wrong...I love my country! It's a great place to live...Americans can be the most compassionate and generous people, but for some reason our "rep" has become one of imperialism and selfishness.
I'm done with my rant... just think about it. I had so much fun at the rally last night. It's just a historical moment in my life to see the democratic process at work and to see candidates I believe have the right ideas about what our country is and should be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment