To my avid readers...of which I think there are 5 and 3 of those are blood relation to me! haha
I will give you an update tomorrow about the first week of school, but for now I just want to share my thoughts I had on the way home from school today.
The crisp autumn air is something I look forward to every year, and I was thrilled when I found out Romania had similar seasons with Indiana. So today on the way home, exhausted after teaching from 12 to 6 pm, I really started to miss home again. Part of it has to do with it being the grand old Street Fair back in Bluffton; the other part has to do with my feelings. I walked home along the river today and watched a cow feasting on some grass along the bank. As I continued walking I could smell the grills cooking mici and vinete on the balconies and in the yards throughout Tarnaveni. Further along I smelled fresh gogosi...and when I closed my eyes I almost felt like I was walking down main street in Bluffton smelling a fresh elephant ear being wrapped up at the Street Fair. Feeling the cool breeze on my cheeks and all the wonderful smells made me happy to be here by also sad not to be home. I definately have some mixed emotions. I'm thinking of the Jon McLaughlin song "Indiana' right now. He sings, "It's probably best I stay in Indiana just dreaming of the world as it should be...." Someday that will be true for me, but right now I feel like I'm in the right spot, and I can do a lot of help my school advance into the 21st century. It's hard not to miss a place that was so great to grow up in. My childhood was pretty idyllic, and I'm so grateful for that but there is more for me than living in one place my whole life and now is my time to experience it. I can't wait for all the adventures and surprises that await me on my journey in Romania...but inside I will always be a farm girl from Indiana just "dreaming of the world as it should be."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I AM DEFINATELY ONE OF YOUR AVID READERS! I MUST ADMIT THE STREET FAIR ISN'T AS WONDERFUL THIS YEAR AS IN YEARS PAST. I WOULD SEND YOU A CANDY APPLE IF I KNEW IT WOULD TRAVEL WELL. DID YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU GET BACK, THE STREET FAIR WILL BE 100 YEARS OLD AND BETTER THAN EVER. WE WILL HAVE A BLAST.
ReplyDelete