I had a dentist and a doctor appt. down in Bucuresti on Thursday and Friday so I decided to make a weekend out of my trip to the south in Romania. A few other volunteers and I visited Katherine in her town along the Danube River for a TexMex dinner night and a paper mache activity with kids near her town. Eu Reciclez!! (I Recycle in Romanian) We also ate al fresco at a charming little Lebanese restaurant with bunnies hopping about the area. I found her site along the border of Bulgaria to be charming and full of surprises. Check out some pictures from the activity below:
Monday, October 5, 2009
Weekend in "the Dirty South"
Disclaimer about the title: I mean nothing by the "dirty." I found it adequately clean.
I had a dentist and a doctor appt. down in Bucuresti on Thursday and Friday so I decided to make a weekend out of my trip to the south in Romania. A few other volunteers and I visited Katherine in her town along the Danube River for a TexMex dinner night and a paper mache activity with kids near her town. Eu Reciclez!! (I Recycle in Romanian) We also ate al fresco at a charming little Lebanese restaurant with bunnies hopping about the area. I found her site along the border of Bulgaria to be charming and full of surprises. Check out some pictures from the activity below:


I had a dentist and a doctor appt. down in Bucuresti on Thursday and Friday so I decided to make a weekend out of my trip to the south in Romania. A few other volunteers and I visited Katherine in her town along the Danube River for a TexMex dinner night and a paper mache activity with kids near her town. Eu Reciclez!! (I Recycle in Romanian) We also ate al fresco at a charming little Lebanese restaurant with bunnies hopping about the area. I found her site along the border of Bulgaria to be charming and full of surprises. Check out some pictures from the activity below:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment