Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A little update to appease you

Hey all!!
Things are going great, and I'm having fun!! This weekend I get to meet my counterpart and then we are taking off to Tarnaveni for a few days! I can't wait to see it! I will put some pictures and another update on here when I get back for sure! PST is quickly coming to an end, and soon I'll be off on my own. That is scary and exciting all at the same time. My parents sent me copies of the family pictures we had taken before I left!! They are awesome, and it's nice to be able to show my gazda my whole family at home!! I won't be available to respond to email or anything over the next 6 days...so don't be upset if you don't get a response! I appreciate all of your messages, letters, and emails! They always brighten my day! I've had some rough days and something that Kent Ringger told me keeps popping into my head... He said that this would be a significant season in my life, and there will be plenty of opportunities to see God working in and through me. It's definately true and I'm trying to be disciplined and focused on the Lord.

Oh and before I forget, on a totally unrelated topic to God, I finally bought a cell phone! So feel free to email me or whatever if you want the number. Calling cards do work, but they can get pricey so I'm not expecting a lot of calls!

Anyway...I've been playing basketball in the park with some Romanian kids and playing Ultimate Frisbee in the park lately. It's been really fun! But those things don't compare to the fun I've had playing 4-Square lately!! During lunch and pauza's we all play 4-Square...we've stopped using our hands...I've become obsessed! I just thought I'd share my new found passion in life!! This month has been full of birthday's in our PST Group so we all have been frequenting the bars in Ploiesti much more!!! I'm really interested in Rroma Affairs right now...and I want to join the council some Peace Corps volunteers are starting up. I'll spare you all the details...but this is one of the reasons I was interesting in coming to Romania in the first place. Welp...I really don't have a lot of specifics to share so I'll cut it short! Peace and God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 19, 2008

    I'm trying to picture how you play 4 square without your hands?? We have a tennis game we play that reminds me of 4 spuare.

    One of the only times I've had a headache this summer was after my first day of Bible School(but I had younger kids not 4th-6th). I think you'll be more surprised than ever and find this age group great.

    (Hey, I got a wall in my NHS classroom!) Go English Teacher Tara!!!!

    ReplyDelete