Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, July 21, 2008

Tarnaveni!!

I just wanted to share with all of you how God works in mysterious ways. So if you know me, you know that my journey with the Peace Corps has taken quite a bit of time up until now...it is fairly difficult to become a Peace Corps volunteer and definately takes commitment. Anyway, when I met my counterpart the second question she asked me was where I was from. It just so happens that she has a daughter living in Indianapolis, and out of the 40 volunteers she got me; the only volunteer from Indiana! Now I don't know about you, but I think that there is a purpose for me being placed in Tarnaveni...I've been told that this was going to be a significant experience for my spiritual self and it certainly has been that so far. Just think what I will be like two years from now!? Wow!

So far the town and people at the school have been wonderful, welcoming, and very accomodating. It's a small town and everyone knows everyone...I like that! Kind of like Bluffton if you think about it! I saw my apartment, and it is definately adequate...I did join the Peace Corps after all; NOT the posh corps as some seem to think. I do have a few fears though! I hope I don't let all the people of Tarnaveni down!! I want to be an effective volunteer, teacher, and community member; but I suppose that's in God's hands! If I trust Him then what do I have to fear?

So long for now! I'm just in Tarnaveni for a few days, and then I'm heading back to Ploiesti for a couple weeks! Love you all (whether you are family, friends, or a brother or sister in Christ) and I hope this post finds you all doing well and enjoying your summers! Peace and God Bless!







1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 30, 2008

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete