So for the 4th of July, us PST’s threw an American Independence cookout at the school where we have classes all week! It was fun, and I think that, at the very least, our gazda’s appreciated it. Gabby, my gazda brother, and I made deviled eggs for the party…I have included pictures of that! It was fun!! Thanks for teaching me how to make deviled eggs Grandma Phyllis!! It was a great cross-cultural experience for me! After the cookout back at casa mea, my gazda and I sat down at the dinner table and had a chat. We had some beers, and they told me that they would always be here for me in the future. They are looking forward to visiting me at site, and they said if I ever needed anything they would do whatever they could to help me! How amazing is that?!! I’ve been here for nearly 7 weeks and I finally feel like my gaz and I have a good relationship.
Other than that…I’m definitely in need of a little support from home! I’ve realized lately how horrible I was at supporting my friends that left for the military, missions, or Teach for America. I will write to all of you as a group, but I want to tell everyone that I have the most amazing friends and family!! I try everyday to live up to the examples you have all set for me! Be proud of yourselves and thank you for giving me love and strength to take on the next two years of my life!!
XO
Peace and God Bless! ><>

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you to get your site placement! I'm also so happy for the good relationship you have built with your gazdas. What a blessing! Oh, and one more thing... I didn't know you were such an expert at making deviled eggs?!? Why have I never experienced your deviled egg expertise?? haha Yum, I need to learn how to make those!
ReplyDeleteWes says "Hi!" Also, WE LOVE YOU!!! Talk to you soon.