Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Targoviste and "Dracula's Castle"

This past weekend, a group of us went to visit Targoviste to see what is supposedly the real Dracula's (Vlad Tepes) castle and a beautiful monastery. And an added bonus for me was getting to see a WWII bunker as we hiked down from the monastery. It was a fun day trip. This was part of the reason I chose Eastern Europe. This region of the world runs deep with history and interesting sites. It also doesn't hurt that I've always loved the Medieval period. Yeah Yeah...I can hear all my family and friends right now! What a nerd!! Eww history! But you all are missing out! I'm posting some of my favorite pictures from the trip. I hope you all enjoy them because I'm definately enjoying all the new and exciting things I've been experiencing over here in Romania!

In order: 1) Entrance to the dungeon of Vlad Tepes (Dracula); 2) Ruins left from the castle
3) Tower; 4) Looking down at the ruins and church of Vlad Tepes; 5) Group pic at the monastary; 6) Me inside a WWII bunker; 7) WWII bunker--ignore the trash







1 comment:

  1. Gah, brat! Getting to see those ruins and all.... :) Very nice pictures

    ReplyDelete