I had a good time in Ploiesti. I never imagined that it would be difficult to leave a city and so many people that I’ve only known for 10 weeks. Moving on…my August in wide open. So for future reference I’m gonna need some support over the next few weeks to help combat a few moments of loneliness I’m sure I’ll encounter at some point, but as has always been the case in my life, the good far outweighs the bad! As I look out my window toward the beautiful Carpathian Mountains near Sanaia and Brasov…and look over the medieval cities with all the German heritage and history I could hope for as is the case in Sighisoara and Medias; I think to myself, WOW the next two years of my life are going to be a constant stream of challenges, excitement, and wonder. Traveling through Transylvania is an adventure and is certainly pleasing to the eyes! Oh yeah, I’d like to add as a side note that, as my friends, you are no longer allowed to mention vampires to me in reference to the area I’m living in. Come on people, they are not real! Haha!
It was difficult saying goodbye to my gazda today…it was a tearful goodbye with my gazda mom. To my actual parents à she told me to tell you that I am a great girl and that you raised me well! Seriously, she said that…I'm not making it up. I have my Grandma Phyllis’ voice ringing through my head right now saying “We’ll tell you; you don’t tell us” when referring to my sarcastic arrogance.
Welp…I’ll have plenty of time to update and things once I get there so I will bid you La Revedere!
P.S. I have a new address! DO NOT send anything to the Bucharest one…in fact, throw that one away! Feel free to contact me in a week or so.
Pictures from Swearing-In

No comments:
Post a Comment