Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas if only in my dreams

For days now I've had my iPod Christmas playlist on shuffle. It's not because I love Christmas music...in actuality I've always been annoyed by the constant replaying of classic and contemporary Christmas carols (like the alliteration??). However, because my neighbors insist on blaring Romanian music all day and all night I thought I'd do a little Christmas carol cultural exchange and do the same.

One song in particular has gotten stuck in my head. No it's not because it's catchy, No it's not because everybody and their mom has covered this song, and No it's definately not because there was a movie with Jonathan Taylor Thomas that had the same title.. It's because the lyrics never had much meaning to me until now.

I'm dreaming tonight
Of a place I love
Even more than I usually do.
And although I know
It's a long road back
I promise you...
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love-light gleams.
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams.

So to my family and friends--I miss you all dearly. Christmas in Romania is definatly proving to hold its own special surprises and adventures, but for me Christmas is only Christmas back in Indiana with all of you. On this Christmas Eve I wish each of the very best, and rest assured you are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Peace, Love, & Cherry Flavored Candy Canes

No comments:

Post a Comment