There are many things in life that I am thankful for, but I won't bore you with all of those that I repeat every year. Instead I thought I'd tell you about a new thing I'm thankful for...my fellow Peace Corps volunteers and the ability to make a wonderful Thanksgiving meal in the kitchen the size of a closet. Anna, a fellow volunteer that hosted the festivities, said something that struck me. She said that when we had all filled our plates and took the first few bites all talking ceased and you could feel how much each of us were thinking of home at that moment. As I enjoyed the delicious green bean casserole, turkey, stuffing, pecan and apple pie, mashed potatos, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pastries, and egg nog (I'm sure I forgot something because there was a lot of food)...I was certainly thinking about home and just how much I miss it. Everytime I say this people say "But Tara you are experiencing so much...blah blah." That is true, but missing home does not mean I'm not fully aware of how lucky I am to have this opportunity in Romania.
The weekend was wonderful! My camera is a little tempermental and decided not to work during the Thanksgiving dinner, but it came around for a hike outside of Pucioasa so I'm including those pics and may add more later. I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving on Thursday and also that I am thankful for each one of you.
Also, I'd like to add that the picture below of Meg trying to touch the cow is the closest she's ever been to a cow even though she's from Ohio! I found this to be hilarious!








No comments:
Post a Comment