Today I trekked to Targu Mures again. For some reason it really brought out the Christmas spirit in me even though I was being pelted in the face with sleet and small hailstones. I think it was partly due to the beautiful Hungarian Hapsburg architecture you can see all over the city. Ehh...who am I kidding!? My Christmas spirit got a kick in the arse today by the amazing packages I received from friends at home!! I don't deserve their generosity and kindness, but I'll take it!! After all, the reason for this beautiful holiday is a little baby who was born to grant us grace--forgiveness, peace, and kindness we don't deserve.
I'm psyched about my Romanian Christmas adventure this year! I'm happy to be where I am, and I love teaching just as much as I always have! However, there are times when the loneliness and distance from HOME are difficult to bear, and all I want is a little something from home. Granted, the home I envision will never be exactly the same as I left it; it's just nice to get a little reminder of how extraordinary the people back where I come from are. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! I promise I'll share more about what Christmas in Romania had in store for me after the 25th!!
The ornament is handcrafted and has two turtle doves and Peace painted on the inside. It's amazing!!

No comments:
Post a Comment