This year I've decided not to make any resolutions. It is a major step for me because, as many of you know, I'm a planner. I always have my goals and objectives mapped out, and I'm a big believer in 5/10 year plans. As I get older (almost 25 now!), I'm beginning to realize that life takes you on journeys you could never have imagined for yourself.
When I applied to the Peace Corps in October 2006, I had no idea that I would have to wait so long to depart on this adventure nor did I have any idea I'd be going to Romania. 2008 was a year of change, adventure, and enlightenment for me. As I say goodbye to 2008, I think of how hard it was to get on the plane in Fort Wayne International Airport on May 19 and how very happy I am that I did. Here's to hoping that the chapter of my life titled 2009 is equally exciting and rewarding.
La Multi Ani si Anul Noua Fericit!
For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
~T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HAPPY NEW YEAR! WOW 25 SOON, YOU ARE GETTING OLD!! SINCE IT WILL BE 2009 SOON, IT WILL ONLY BE ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF BEFORE YOU COME BACK TO US. WE LOVE YOU AND HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR. AUNT LISA
ReplyDeleteLove the T.S. Eliot quote - wonderful expression of how I want to go into this new year as well. Thank you!
ReplyDelete