Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Monday, May 19, 2008

Hardest Day Ever...so far

I'm sitting in my hotel room in Philly right now...just got done eating a Philly Cheesesteak. It should have tasted good, but I still have a sick feeling in my stomach. I have a feeling that this sick feeling is from homesickness...but that's embarrassing because I've only been gone for one day! Here's a little recap of how my day went.

5-6 am --Got to FW airport and said goodbye to my family for two years. It was really hard, and I would have been sobbing if I hadn't been frisked by TSA security.

7-8 am -- Sat in OHare in Chicago and called Rachel for a little advice. She totally gave me the pick-me-up I needed, but it inevitably made me cry. Flew to Philly!

11 am --Got to Philly and preceded to go to a Chinese restaurant for lunch with a fellow PC'er named Bill.

1:30-7 pm -- Filled out that paperwork I hadn't done yet, checked-in, and had staging meetings. All of these things helped alleviate some of my anxiety because everyone is feeling the same way I am!

I've had many moments today where I just wanted to turn around and fly back to Fort Wayne and live there forever with my family and friends near me! But I'm realizing that I can do all that in 2 years! So to all of you reading this take care of yourselves so that I can come back to you in 2010!!!! lol! Love you all and I'll miss you everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment