Life as I know it so far has been very different than what I expected! That's what I get for having expectations...I knew they would be completely wrong! Things are going well. I feel more and more at ease in Ploiesti and Romania as a whole everyday! Today we had demo lessons in the middle school were I've been attending classes. They were very interesting, and I'm totally looking forward to getting back in a classroom! More and more I'm realizing I've missed teaching tremendously.
Culturally, in Romania so far, I've learned a little about what it's like to be a woman in a very traditional patriarchal society. Granted it is not always a bad thing, but it's definately different from the US. My gazda family is really cool! I get along with them extremely well, and we are getting to know each other better everyday. They help a lot with my language learning.
This weekend I'm going hiking in Sanai (I think that's how you spell it). Hopefully I'll be able to put some pictures and stuff on here from that. Until then here are a few pictures from traveling and Ploiesti...
Culturally, in Romania so far, I've learned a little about what it's like to be a woman in a very traditional patriarchal society. Granted it is not always a bad thing, but it's definately different from the US. My gazda family is really cool! I get along with them extremely well, and we are getting to know each other better everyday. They help a lot with my language learning.
This weekend I'm going hiking in Sanai (I think that's how you spell it). Hopefully I'll be able to put some pictures and stuff on here from that. Until then here are a few pictures from traveling and Ploiesti...

It looks like a very nice place. Update us when you get the chance, G-ma is wondering about you as well as everybody else. Send me an e-mail if you are able and I will let her know how you are doing. We try to keep remembering, NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!!! We love you and are missing you but know you are doing well. Love, Aunt Lisa
ReplyDelete