What an interesting morning I had; I'm lucky I'm still alive! The last day of me being 24 is shaping up to be memorable, and I've never been so thrilled to know that I'm going to make it to 25! Last night, while celebrating a 6th grader's birthday until midnight...I was discussing the lack of heat in my apartment with the brother of a friend. Long story short, he said he'd come over this morning to check it out and help! "Great!" I said. Big mistake!!
Here is the SOBA in question. [The casing is upside down, the pipe leading outside is too small, and the turbine pumps gas back into the apartment.]
It's an interesting contraption...and I just found out it is both illegal and capable of killing me. I'm not interested in trying my luck with either. The man I had come check on it said he would have to report it if it were anyone else...so I'm thankful for my "psuedo-celebrity status" here in Tarnaveni for the timebeing!! Here is to hoping that the Romanian gas police don't bust into my apartment and fine me for something I had no part in, and that my landlady cares about me enough to help me legally/safely heat my apartment!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete