Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Friday, January 30, 2009

This is the meeting that doesn't end. Yes it goes on and on my friend...

Last night I sat in the most uncomfortable chair for 3 hours while my colleagues discussed discipline issues and gave each other compliments for merit. This is called the consiliu profesoral, and I didn't like it one bit. I was looking forward to this meeting because at all the previous meetings we had cake, cookies, and lots of beverage options.

My dreams were shattered after Hour 1.
After Hour 2 I was trying to plan ways to escape without others noticing, but then I realized my bag and coat were directly behind the director...my plan was foiled.
Approaching Hour 3 my resistance had been beaten out of me...

In my "American opinion" (as my colleagues like to say), there are about 15,234 different ways to do the same things in a more effective manner. The consiliu profesoral is a remnant of a different age...an awkward age you want to forget -- like when you're 12 and go to your first middle school dance.

1 comment:

  1. Tara, this has nothing to do with your latest entry, but I was wondering if you saw the two new Flight of the Conchords songs? Because...they are pretty good. lol

    ReplyDelete