Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Soba of Death...NO MORE!!

I recently wrote about my Soba (gas heater) trying to kill me. It's been a month since I've had actual heat in my apartment, but I'm surviving thanks to my long-johns mom sent me!

I am proud to announce I HAVE HEAT!!

I knew I'd gain some skills in the Peace Corps, but I had no idea gas heater maintenance would be one of them. Oliver, Mihai, and I collaborated to fix "the Soba of Death!" Granted, I did the least, but I did help!! Although I don't want to live on a farm for a living or do maintenance repair, there is a great feeling of accomplishment when you get your hands dirty... although my sister would tell you I hate the veal barn...I'm more of a pig person.

I've always admired my dad because in my estimation he could fix about anything...
Thanks Dad for passing on just a little bit of your handyness (if that's even a word)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment